Firestone RESISTA consists of a closed-cell Polyisocyanurate foam core laminated on both sides to a heavy-duty, double-coated, non-organic fiberglass facer. RESISTA Polyiso uses Firestone’s proprietary IsoGard foam technology to create an impressive insulating value which can translate into significant energy savings. Firestone IsoGard foam technology incorporates a HCFC-free blowing agent that does not contribute to the depletion of the earth’s ozone layer (ODP-free). Firestone RESISTA contains between 5 and 10% recycled material, depending on the thickness of the board.
As part of a Firestone Total Roofing System, Firestone RESISTA demonstrates a series of features & benefits:
- Compatible with all types of single-ply roofing systems: ballasted, fully adhered and mechanically attached.
- Suited for direct application onto steel roof, concrete or wood deck.
- Superior thermal resistance and compressive strength.
- Firestone RESISTA offers exceptional protection against fire, wind and mold.
- RESISTA Polyiso is the only 25 mm insulation board with a UL Class A rating for fire ressitance as well as a Euroclass E rating.
- RESISTA boards are Factory Mutual (FM) approved.
- The double coating of non-organic facing material on both sides of the insulation board also meets ASTM D3273 standards for mold resistance.
Firestone RESISTA insulation boards are available in flat boards of 1.22 x 2.25 m (4′ x 7’4.5″) and in thicknesses ranging from 25.4 mm to 101.6 mm (1″ to 4″).
For a detailed R- or U-value calculation, please contact Firestone Technical Department.
|Property||ASTM test||Typical Value||EN test||Typical Value|
|Density||D-1622||32 kg/m³||823||32 kg/m³|
|Compressive strength||D-1621||> 138 kPa||826||> 138 kPa|
|Dimensional stability||D-2126||< 2%|
|Water absorption||C-209||< 1% (by volume)||12087||< 3% (by volume)|
|Service temperature||-73°C to 121°C|