Leaky Roof? Some Repair Tips
- Early detection of roof leaks is the key to avoiding serious roof damage
- finding the problem is sometimes the most difficult aspect of roof repair.
- Certainly, it’s the first step and to prevent costly problems down the road, it’s a task you’ve got to take seriously.
- At the very least, if you want the leak to go away, you must determine its underlying cause.
- Check for any missing, curled, or cracked shingles (leaks also occur where shingles butt together).
- Additionally, inspect for any failures in the roof flashing, caulking, or the end caps (those tent-shaped shingles that cover roof peaks).